1. In a spice grinder or small food processor, pulse nori into powder, leaving some ¼-inch pieces intact. Transfer half of the nori powder to a small bowl; stir in sesame seeds and set aside for garnish. Reserve remaining nori powder for butter mixture.
2. Pat scallops dry with paper towel; sprinkle with coriander, salt and pepper. Mist a large cast iron or heavy-bottomed skillet with cooking spray; heat on medium-high. Working in batches, add scallops and cook, turning once, until golden brown but still slightly translucent in centers, about 4 minutes for ½- to ¾-inch-thick scallops or 6 minutes for 1-inch-thick scallops. Transfer to a large plate; cover with foil to keep warm.
3. Turn off heat to skillet, leaving skillet on burner. Add butter; stir or swirl pan until melted, light brown and nutty, about 1 minute. (TIP: If butter doesn’t begin to brown, heat skillet on medium-low and cook until light brown and nutty.) Stir in lemon juice and plain nori powder (without seeds). Scrape into a separate small bowl; set aside.
4. Meanwhile, in a steamer basket set over a saucepan of boiling water, steam asparagus until tender-crisp, 3 to 4 minutes. Divide among plates. Top with scallops, butter mixture and sesame seed mixture, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 280
- Carbohydrate Content 10 g
- Cholesterol Content 79 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 553 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5 g