Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
COST PER PLATE $3.83
- Working over a bowl to catch the juices, peel then segment the grapefruit. Strain grapefruit juice into a cup
- Prepare dressing: Transfer 3 tbsp juice to a small bowl and whisk in 2 tsp oil, 2 tsp water, honey, ⅛ tsp ground fennel, ⅛ tsp salt and black pepper. Set aside.
- Using a clean kitchen towel or paper towels, pat scallops dry on all sides. Season scallops evenly with remaining 1/2 tsp ground fennel and remaining 1/8 tsp salt
- Heat a medium nonstick skillet on medium and brush with remaining 1 tsp oil. Cook half of the scallops for about 5 minutes, flipping halfway, until just slightly firm when touched and very lightly golden brown on both sides. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm. Repeat with remaining scallops.
- Set aside 1 tbsp dressing. In a large bowl, toss fennel and lettuce with remaining dressing. Divide fennel salad among serving plates. Top each salad with grapefruit segments and cooked scallops. Drizzle reserved dressing over scallops and top with almonds.
- Serving Size 1/4 of salad
- Calories 175
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 27 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 591 mg
- Sugar Content 8.5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g