- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 medium avocados
- ¼ cup canned coconut cream (unshaken so cream and water are separated)
- ¼ cup plus 1 tbsp yuzu juice*
- 3 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1½ tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 medium clove garlic, peeled
- 2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- ¼ jalapeño, seeded (optional)
- 12 large sea scallops
- Pinch sea salt
- Pinch ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp avocado oil
- 10 radishes, different colors, thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 bunch green onions
1. Prepare the sauce: Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth and creamy.
2. Prepare the scallops: Pat scallops dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Heat avocado oil in a large sauté pan over high heat. Once hot, add scallops and cook for 2 minutes, then flip. Cook for another 2 to 3 minutes, until golden brown. Transfer to a paper towel.
3. To serve, spread sauce on a platter and place the scallops on top. Garnish with thinly sliced radishes and green onions.
* Yuzu juice, made from a Japanese citrus fruit, can be found in the international or Asian food aisle of your grocery store.
Recipe excerpted from Food: What the Heck Should I Cook? Copyright © 2019 by Mark Hyman, MD. Used with permission of Little, Brown and Company, New York. All rights reserved.
See also What is the Pegan Diet?