Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Make the gazpacho: In a blender, combine all gazpacho ingredients. Blend until smooth. Refrigerate until serving.
2. Make the scallops: Pat scallops dry with paper towels. Sprinkle both sides with pepper and salt. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat 1 tbsp oil. Working in batches if necessary, add scallops and sear until bottoms are crusty and golden brown, about 2 minutes. Using tongs, turn scallops and sear until other side is crusty and golden brown, 1½ to 2 minutes. (The centers should still be slightly translucent and feel soft when pressed with a finger.)
3. Pour 2 tbsp gazpacho onto each of 8 small plates. Top each with 2 scallops. (Alternatively, arrange scallops and gazpacho on a platter.) Sprinkle with parsley and drizzle with remaining 2 tsp oil.
MAKE AHEAD: Make gazpacho and refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Whisk before serving with freshly cooked scallops.
- Serving Size 2 scallops and 2 tbsp gazpacho
- Calories 93
- Carbohydrate Content 6 g
- Cholesterol Content 18 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 245 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g