- Prep Time
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 1 small shallot, minced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 6 cups low-sodium vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 sweet potato, peeled and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 cup red lentils, rinsed (TRY: Bob’s Red Mill Red Lentils)
- 1 large Bosc pear, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 makrut lime leaf or 2 strips lime zest, optional
1. In a large saucepan on medium, heat oil. Add shallots and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 1 to 2 minutes. Add celery and carrots and cook, stirring occasionally, until softened, 3 to 5 minutes.
2. Add broth, sweet potato, thyme, salt and pepper. Bring to a simmer, reduce heat to medium-low and simmer until potatoes are slightly softened, about 10 minutes.
3. Add lentils, pear and lime leaf (if using) and cook, stirring occasionally, until lentils and potatoes are tender, 12 to 14 minutes. Remove lime leaf (if using). Transfer 1 cup soup to a blender and purée; return to pot and stir.
- Serving Size: 1/8 of recipe
- Calories: 143
- Carbohydrate Content: 26 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 180 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g