Nutritional Bonus: Low in saturated fat, radicchio is an excellent source of vitamin K and a good source of vitamin C, vitamin E, folate and copper.
- Heat a grill pan on medium. Mist radicchio and red onion with cooking spray and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Add to grill and cook, turning once, until tender and lightly charred, 5 to 8 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and drizzle with vinegar. Cover to keep warm and set aside.
- Meanwhile, mist scallops with cooking spray. In a small bowl, combine sesame seeds and tapioca. Press scallops into mixture, turning to coat. Heat a large nonstick skillet on medium and mist with cooking spray. Working in batches, add scallops and cook, turning once, until golden and crispy on the outside and opaque throughout, about 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine broth, soy sauce, sherry (if desired), ginger, oil and honey. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in green onions. Divide scallops, radicchio and onion among serving plates. Spoon sauce overtop of scallops.
- Serving Size 4 sesame-crusted scallops and 1/4 of vegetables
- Calories 207
- Carbohydrate Content 13 g
- Cholesterol Content 37 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 98 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g