1. In a saucepan, combine rice, ¼ tsp salt and enough water to cover by 3 inches. Bring to a boil; reduce heat to a simmer and cook until tender, about 45 minutes. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, spread black and white sesame seeds on a plate; set aside. Mist flesh side of fish with cooking spray; sprinkle with pepper and remaining ½tsp salt. Gently press flesh side of fish into sesame seeds.
3. In a large nonstick skillet on medium, heat oil. Add fish, skin side up, and cook until golden brown, about 3minutes. Turn and cook until skin is crispy and flesh is opaque and flakes easily when tested with a fork, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a large plate; peel off and discard skin. Cover to keep warm; set aside.
4. Whisk together all soy drizzle ingredients.
5. Divide rice among bowls; sprinkle with furikake. Top with carrots, cucumber, avocado, onion, pickled ginger, seaweed (if using) and fish, dividing evenly. Drizzle with soy mixture. Garnish with additional black and white sesame seeds.
- Serving Size 1/4 recipe
- Calories 487
- Carbohydrate Content 50 g
- Cholesterol Content 53 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Sodium Content 641 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 7 g