- In a medium bowl, combine carrots, mint, orange juice, salt, 1/4 cup oil and pepper flakes, if desired. Mix well and marinate at room temperature for 5 to 10 minutes.
- On a large plate, spread sesame seeds. Season tuna with salt and black pepper, to taste. Press both sides of each tuna fillet into sesame seeds.
- In a medium skillet, heat 1 tbsp oil on high. Add tuna fillet and cook undisturbed for about 2 minutes. Turn and cook for an additional 2 minutes to desired doneness. (NOTE: The USDA recommends cooking tuna to an internal temperature of 145˚F.) Repeat with remaining fillets, adding additional oil if needed. Let tuna cool slightly; then slice.
- To serve, divide carrot mixture among serving plates and top with tuna slices. Drizzle with additional oil to taste.
- Serving Size 1 tuna fillet and 1/2 cup carrot mixture
- Calories 267
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 83 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 158 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g