- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 large chopped scallions
- 1 lightly beaten large egg
- 1/4 cup whole-grain bread crumbs
- 3 tbsp finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari sauce
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp peeled and minced fresh ginger
- sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 500°F. Mist a large baking dish with olive oil cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine lean ground beef, chopped scallions, lightly beaten large egg, whole-grain bread crumbs, finely chopped fresh cilantro leaves, reduced-sodium tamari sauce, sesame oil, peeled and minced fresh ginger, and sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste; mix well to combine. Use your hands to shape mixture into 12 balls.
- Transfer to prepared baking dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through.