Find more big leafy salads here!
- Prep Time
- 6 to 8Servings
- 1 large head romaine lettuce, chopped (about 8 cups)
- 3 bell peppers, diced
- 3 to 4 hard-boiled eggs, sliced or chopped
- 6 stalks celery, diced
- 3 cups frozen peas, thawed
- 2 avocados, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 4 to 6 oz all-natural turkey bacon, no added nitrates or nitrites, cooked and finely chopped
Blue Cheese Dressing
- 4 oz blue cheese, crumbled into small piece
- 1 cup kefir or buttermilk
- 1 cup olive oil mayonnaise
- 2 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 tbsp fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, optional
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- Sea salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Prepare dressing: In a medium bowl, combine all dressing ingredients and whisk well or pulse in a food processor.
- In a clear glass bowl, layer salad ingredients in the order they appear above. Concentrate ingredients around the perimeter of the bowl, filling the center with romaine.
- Pour desired amount of dressing over salad and toss just before serving (you may have extra dressing), or leave the layers intact and serve dressing in a bowl on the side.
- Serving Size: 1/6 salad with 1/2 of dressing
- Calories: 377
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Cholesterol Content: 139 mg
- Fat Content: 27 g
- Fiber Content: 9.5 g
- Protein Content: 16 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 477 mg
- Sugar Content: 6.5 g