Explore more Asian-style "pastas" here!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 8 oz whole-wheat spaghetti
- 5 crowns broccoli, florets only
- 1 orange, zested and juiced
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes, plus additional for garnish
- 1 tbsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 3/4 lb beef sirloin strips, cut into ½-inch-thick, 2-inch-long pieces
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/2 lb snow peas, rinsed well and trimmed
- Fill a large pot halfway with water and bring to a boil. Add spaghetti, reduce heat to medium-high and simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent noodles from sticking. Add broccoli and cook for 5 more minutes. Drain and transfer to a large bowl. Cover loosely to keep warm and set aside
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk orange zest and juice, soy sauce, pepper flakes and ginger; set aside.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium. Add beef and cook, turning occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add garlic and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Add peas and orange juice mixture and stir to coat. Sauté for 3 minutes, until beef is cooked through.
- Add beef mixture to spaghetti mixture and toss to combine. Divide among serving plates. If desired, garnish with additional pepper flakes.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 379
- Carbohydrate Content: 52 g
- Cholesterol Content: 41 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 357 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 1 g