Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Inspired by this shaved asparagus salad? Try these sesame noodles with asparagus & carrots.
- Hold each spear of asparagus by its thick stem and lay it down on a cutting board. Using a vegetable peeler, shave asparagus into long ribbons. Place ribbons in a large bowl and discard remaining stems. (NOTE: You should be left with about 1 lb shaved asparagus.) Drizzle oil over asparagus and toss to coat.
- Add onion, beans, orange and lemon juices, and vinegar. Toss to combine.
- Fold in walnuts, cheese and basil. Season with salt and pepper. The shaved asparagus salad can be served immediately or prepared in advance; chill, covered, for 4 to 6 hours in refrigerator.
- Serving Size 3/4 cup
- Calories 171
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 6 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 137 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3 g