Hands-on time: 15 minutes
Total time: 45 minutes
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 lb frozen whole-wheat pizza dough, thawed
- 4 oz peeled and shaved butternut squash, about 1/4 of an average size squash (TIP: Choose a squash with a long neck to ease peeling)
- 3 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/2 oz dry-roasted unsalted pumpkin seeds
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 3/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- Preheat oven to 450˚F. Heat oil in a medium nonstick skillet on medium-low. Add onions and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft and golden, about 25 minutes. If onions begin to stick to skillet, occasionally add a splash of water.
- Roll dough into a 12- to 13-inch circle and transfer to a pizza pan or baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Scatter onions, squash, goat cheese and pumpkin seeds over top. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, until crust is lightly browned and squash is wilted.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, add vinegar and bring to a boil on high heat. Cook until reduced to 1/4 cup, about 5 minutes. Set aside. Remove pizza from oven and immediately scatter with arugula. Drizzle with vinegar reduction and slice into 8 equal pieces.
Nutrients per serving (1/8 of pizza): Calories: 215, Total Fat: 5 g, Sat. Fat: 2 g, Carbs: 34 g, Fiber: 4 g, Sugars: 5 g, Protein: 7 g, Sodium: 48 mg, Cholesterol: 5 mg
Love butternut squash? Try this recipe, too!