Refrigerate leftovers in separate containers; reheat and assemble when called for.
This recipe is part of the "Your Quit-Sugar Meal Plan"
- 3 carrots, cut into sticks
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- ½ tsp sea salt, divided + additional to taste
- 3 5-oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, divided + additional for garnish
- ½ tsp ground black pepper + additional to taste
- 3 ears corn, husks removed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, toss carrots with 1 tbsp avocado oil and sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt; spread in an even layer on baking sheet and bake until soft, 30 minutes.
3. In same bowl, toss chicken with remaining 1 tbsp avocado oil, garlic, parsley, ¼ tsp salt and pepper. After carrots have been cooking 5 minutes, nestle chicken breasts among carrots on baking sheet, making sure ingredients are spread out and not touching. Return to oven and bake until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165°F, about 25 minutes.
4. Place a large pot filled ¾ full with water over medium-high heat; cover and bring to a boil. Place ears of corn in boiling water, cover and remove pot from heat. Cook corn in hot water until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove corn, shake dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Meanwhile, into a blender or food processor, place all tahini sauce ingredients; blend until smooth.
6. To serve, divide roasted chicken, carrots and corn among plates. Drizzle each serving with tahini sauce and garnish with parsley.
- Serving Size: 1/3 of recipe
- Calories: 599
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 73 mg
- Fat Content: 38 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 650 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g