Sheet Pan Chicken & Carrots with Tahini
A side of corn on the cob and a drizzle of homemade tahini sauce makes an otherwise simple dinner spectacular.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
Refrigerate leftovers in separate containers; reheat and assemble
when called for.
This recipe is part of the “Your Quit-Sugar Meal Plan“
- 3 carrots, cut into sticks
- 2 tbsp avocado oil, divided
- ½ tsp sea salt, divided + additional to taste
- 3 5-oz boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley, divided + additional for garnish
- ½ tsp ground black pepper + additional to taste
- 3 ears corn, husks removed
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup water
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- ¼ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400°F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a bowl, toss carrots with 1 tbsp avocado oil and sprinkle with ¼ tsp
salt; spread in an even layer on baking sheet and bake until soft, 30 minutes.
3. In same bowl, toss chicken with remaining 1 tbsp avocado oil, garlic, parsley, ¼ tsp salt and pepper. After carrots have been cooking 5 minutes, nestle chicken breasts among carrots on baking sheet, making sure ingredients are spread out and not touching. Return to oven and bake until chicken reaches internal temperature of 165°F, about 25 minutes.
4. Place a large pot filled ¾ full with water over medium-high heat; cover and bring to a boil. Place ears of corn in boiling water, cover and remove
pot from heat. Cook corn in hot water until tender, about 10 minutes. Remove corn, shake dry and sprinkle with salt and pepper, to taste.
5. Meanwhile, into a blender or food processor, place all tahini sauce ingredients; blend until smooth.
6. To serve, divide roasted chicken, carrots and corn among plates.
Drizzle each serving with tahini sauce and garnish with parsley.
- Serving Size 1/3 of recipe
- Calories 599
- Carbohydrate Content 35 g
- Cholesterol Content 73 mg
- Fat Content 38 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 33 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 650 mg
- Sugar Content 13 g