Grab Your Sheet Pan, Because This Gluten-Free Fried Rice is Better Than Takeout
You're one pan and done! Nutritious cauliflower rice steps up to the plate in this scrumptious and colorful chicken and veg combo.
Fried rice while you’re following a gluten-free diet? That’s a definite no-go – and it can make those takeout cravings particularly frustrating. But we’ve come up with a gluten-free spin on classic fried rice that’s even better (seriously!). Our version is a low-effort meal that takes just 15 minutes to pull together and 15 minutes to cook. Oh, and did we mention it’s incredibly nutritious? You’re going to want to make this Sheet-Pan Chicken and Cauli-Fried Rice tonight.
Typically, fried rice is loaded with sauces and ingredients that aren’t exactly the most gluten-free friendly. We’ve swapped those out for items that don’t include grain or gluten, and we’re replacing the classic white rice with a veggie stand in: cauliflower rice. And every ingredient in this plant-heavy take on fried rice is nutrient-dense, from the protein-packed chicken to the vitamin-rich snap peas, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower.
But even if you don’t usually eat gluten-free, you’ve still got to try this extra-healthy fried rice. With one pan – your sheet – and just 30 minutes, you can get a well-rounded and totally satisfying dinner on the table. That’s less time that it takes to place a takeout order on your smartphone and have it delivered to your door. And you won’t miss out on any flavor; you’ll just reap the good-for-your-health benefits, while saving time.
Once you try this veggie version of fried rice, you can also give one of our other delicious recipes a try:
Sheet-Pan Chicken and Cauli-Fried Rice
- 6 cups riced cauliflower
- 1 carrot, grated
- 2 cups small broccoli florets
- 1 cup snap peas
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- ¼ tsp sea salt and ground black pepper
- 1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tbsp reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tsp peeled and minced ginger
- 2 green onions, sliced on a bias
- Preheat oven to 425°F. In a large bowl, mix together cauliflower rice, carrot, broccoli and snap peas with one-half of the oil, salt and pepper. Spread out on a baking sheet. In the same bowl, place chicken, tamari, garlic, sesame seeds and remaining oil. Stir to combine and add to the baking sheet, scattering over cauli-rice mixture.
- Bake for 15 minutes until chicken is firm and broccoli is slightly hard.
- In a small bowl, mix together coconut aminos, sriracha, honey, sesame oil and ginger. Drizzle over the baking sheet and garnish with green onion.