Join our #Clean14 Challenge! The plan is free of processed foods, alcohol, gluten, sugar and dairy; it’s Paleo-friendly; and each day is brimming with delicious, nutrient dense foods.
Sign up (it's free!) to download the full meal plan and shopping guide and get prepared. Then, starting October 15, we'll email you once a day with bonus recipes, useful tips and expert advice to keep you motivated throughout the challenge. Sign up now!
- Prep Time
¼ cup balsamic vinegar
¼ cup avocado oil, divided
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
2 tbsp pure maple syrup, divided
3 cloves garlic, chopped
2 tsp each chopped fresh thyme and rosemary
1 tsp hot sauce (Note: Ensure you choose a brand without added sugar.)
4 4-oz boneless, skinless chicken breasts
4 carrots, cut into thin sticks
2 cups broccoli florets
½ small yellow onion, thinly sliced
½ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
1. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. In a small saucepan, whisk together vinegar, 2 tbsp oil, mustard, 1 tbsp maple syrup, garlic, thyme and rosemary. Pour half of marinade into a large bowl and add chicken. Marinate in the refrigerator for at least 1 hour, or up to 8 hours. To remaining half of marinade in saucepan, whisk in remaining 1 tbsp maple syrup and hot sauce; refrigerate marinade in saucepan.
2. Preheat oven to 350ºF. In a bowl, toss carrots, broccoli and onion with remaining 2 tbsp oil; spread on one side of baking sheet. Remove chicken from marinade and place on other side of baking sheet. Discard marinade. Season chicken and vegetables with salt and pepper. Bake for 25 minutes, until a thermometer inserted in center of chicken reads 165ºF and vegetables are fork tender.
3. Meanwhile, place saucepan of reserved marinade over low heat and bring to a gentle simmer for 10 minutes. Drizzle sauce over chicken and vegetables.
Note: If following our meal plan, refrigerate leftover chicken, vegetables and sauce separately and reheat when called for.
- Serving Size: 1/4 of recipe
- Calories: 308
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 63 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 26 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 516 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g