Sheet-Pan Dijon-Glazed Chicken & Roasted Vegetables
Covered with a tangy glaze, these chicken thighs stay juicy as they roast. And with just two pans to wash, you get a break on the dishes.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 12 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs (about 4½ lb)
- ½ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper, divided
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar, divided
- 2 tbsp grainy Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp raw honey
- 1 lb French green beans, trimmed
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1 lb cremini mushrooms, halved or quartered if large
1. Position racks in top and bottom thirds of oven; preheat to 375°F. Line 2 large baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
2. On 1 prepared sheet, arrange chicken, skin side up. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp each salt and pepper. In a small bowl, stir together 1 tbsp vinegar, mustard, garlic and honey; brush 2 tbsp over chicken. Place extra mustard mixture in a small saucepan; add remaining 3 tbsp vinegar. Simmer for 3 minutes, until slightly reduced.
3. In a large bowl, toss together green beans, bell peppers, ½ tbsp oil and ⅛ tsp each salt and pepper. Arrange on one side of second prepared baking sheet. In a bowl, toss mushrooms with remaining ½ tbsp oil and ⅛ tsp salt and pepper; arrange on opposite side of sheet.
4. Bake chicken on lower rack and vegetables on upper rack until chicken is no longer pink inside and reaches 165°F when tested with a thermometer, and vegetables are tender, 30 to 40 minutes.
5. Remove sheets from oven and set aside 4 chicken thighs and 1 cup mushrooms for Almond Ginger Noodle Salad. Let cool to room temperature, then refrigerate in an airtight container up to 2 days.
6. Toss remaining vegetables and mushrooms together. Divide remaining chicken and vegetables among plates. Drizzle with sauce.
- Serving Size 2 chicken thighs and 1 cup vegetable mixture
- Calories 538
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 309 mg
- Fat Content 22 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 62 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 637 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 10 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 4 g