1. In saucepan of boiling water, cook edamame until heated through and tender, about 1 minute. Drain.
2. In a large cast iron skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Scatter peppers and cook, turning occasionally, until they begin to blister on all sides. Transfer to a large plate and remove stems.
3. In food processor, purée shishito peppers, edamame, cilantro, tahini, miso, vinegar, honey and salt until almost smooth. Scrape sides of bowl. With motor running, drizzle in oil then water through tube and purée until smooth.
4. Transfer to a serving bowl. Drizzle with additional oil and sprinkle with sesame seeds (if using). Serve with optional accompaniments for dipping. Store leftovers in an airtight container for up to 4 days in the refrigerator.
- Serving Size 1/8 of recipe
- Calories 123
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 193 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g