Find more chicken recipes here.
Recipe and image from Cuisine at Home.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/4 cup sake
- 2 tbsp reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2-inch piece ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 tbsp mirin or rice vinegar
- 2 tsp arrowroot starch
- 1½ lb boneless, skinless chicken breast, trimmed and cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 tsp safflower oil
- 1 tsp toasted sesame oil
- 1 bunch asparagus spears (about 1 lb), trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 bunch green onions (6 to 8), trimmed and cut into 2-inch lengths
- 2 tsp sesame seeds, for garnish
- In a medium bowl, whisk together sake, soy, garlic, ginger, mirin and arrowroot until well combined. Add chicken and toss to coat.
- In a large skillet on medium-high, heat safflower and sesame oils. Add chicken with sake mixture, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, for 8 to 10 minutes. Add asparagus, cover and cook, stirring occasionally for 3 minutes. Add onions and toss to coat; cook for 30 seconds more until onions are heated through. Divide among plates and garnish with sesame seeds.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 cups
- Calories: 286
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Cholesterol Content: 124 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 41 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 378 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g