Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F. In a small bowl, combine wine and saffron
(if using); set aside.
2. Place seaweed in a bowl and cover with 1 cup cold water. Set aside for 7 to 10 minutes, or according to package directions. Drain, discarding liquid. If any seaweed pieces are still overly large, chop into smaller pieces.
3. Meanwhile, in a large ovenproof skillet with a tight-fitting lid, heat oil on medium. Add onion and bell pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is translucent, 3 to 4 minutes. Add rice and garlic and cook, stirring constantly, for about 1 minute.
4. Add wine mixture; bring to a simmer and cook, stirring constantly, until almost no liquid remains, about 1 minute. Stir in broth, tomatoes, paprika, black pepper and salt. Cover and transfer to oven. Bake until rice is almost
tender and no liquid remains,
about 55 to 60 minutes. Remove from oven; uncover.
5. Sprinkle seaweed over rice mixture and gently combine. Nestle shrimp evenly over top. Cover and bake until shrimp are pink and opaque throughout and rice is tender, about 10 minutes.
6. Drizzle with vinegar, stirring to distribute. Sprinkle with seeds.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 311
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 120 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 315 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g