Video: Cooking with Potatoes
Mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes, even purple potatoes! Chef Jo offers some tips and tricks where potatoes are concerned, plus a guide to each.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1/4 onion, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 cup no-salt-added diced tomatoes (with juices)
- 2/3 cup low-sodium vegetable broth
- 4 oz small white or red creamer potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, chopped
- 1/4 tsp fine sea salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp Italian parsley, chopped, divided
- 8 oz raw shrimp
- 1 cup frozen artichoke hearts, thawed (about 1/2 8-oz pkg)
- In a medium (3- to 4-quart) saucepan over medium, warm oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost translucent, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, potatoes, oregano, salt, pepper and 1/2 of parsley. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low to maintain a simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are almost tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add shrimp and artichoke hearts, and return to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is barely opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve garnished with remaining parsley.
- Serving Size: 2 cups new potato stew
- Calories: 320
- Carbohydrate Content: 27 g
- Cholesterol Content: 170 mg
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1.5 g
- Sodium Content: 760 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g