Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Video: Cooking with Potatoes
Mashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes, sweet potatoes, even purple potatoes! Chef Jo offers some tips and tricks where potatoes are concerned, plus a guide to each.
- In a medium (3- to 4-quart) saucepan over medium, warm oil. Add onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until almost translucent, 1 1/2 to 2 minutes. Add garlic and cook for 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, broth, potatoes, oregano, salt, pepper and 1/2 of parsley. Bring to a boil over high heat; reduce heat to low to maintain a simmer, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until potatoes are almost tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Add shrimp and artichoke hearts, and return to a simmer. Cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until shrimp is barely opaque, 2 to 3 minutes. Serve garnished with remaining parsley.
- Serving Size 2 cups new potato stew
- Calories 320
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 170 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 760 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g