- Cook rice according to package directions, adding ¼ tsp salt to cooking water.
- Meanwhile, segment oranges: Cut off stem ends of oranges so they sit upright. Repeat on opposite end. With a paring knife, trim skin off each orange, cutting vertically from top to bottom to remove all of peel and white pith. Working 1 orange at a time over a bowl to catch the juices, remove each section by slicing along the membranes. Cut orange sections in half crosswise and set aside. To a small bowl, add 2 tbsp orange juice (reserve remaining juice for another use) and add honey, tamari, vinegar and ginger; stir to combine. Set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium-high, heat 1½ tsp oil. In a large bowl, combine shrimp, five-spice, pepper and remaining ¼ tsp salt. Add to skillet and cook until lightly browned and opaque in thickest part, stirring occasionally, 5 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
- Return skillet to medium-high and heat remaining 1½ tsp oil. Add asparagus and cook until crisp-tender, stirring frequently, 3 to 5 minutes, depending on thickness. Add 3 tbsp water and bring to a simmer, scraping up browned bits in bottom of pan with a spoon. Add orange juice–tamari mixture and tomatoes and bring to a simmer. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally for 1 minute. Return shrimp to skillet and simmer for 1 minute more, or until shrimp are heated through. Garnish with orange sections. Divide rice among serving plates and top evenly with shrimp mixture.
- Serving Size 1 1/4 cups stir-fry and 3/4 cup rice
- Calories 386
- Carbohydrate Content 61 g
- Cholesterol Content 159 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 491 mg
- Sugar Content 17 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 3.5 g