Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Nutritional Bonus: Pomegranates are a rich source of tannins, plant compounds that may help lower levels of LDL (bad) cholesterol and prevent hardening of the arteries.
Full recipe: $11.56
Cost per serving: $2.89
- Prepare salsa: In a medium bowl, combine green onions, pomegranate seeds and lemon juice.
- In a food processor, process bread into fine crumbs. Transfer to a large bowl.
- In food processor, process shrimp into a paste, about 1 minute. Add to bread crumbs. Stir in egg white, mustard, pepper and salt. Gently shape into eight 3-inch patties.
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat 1 tsp oil on medium. Add four patties and cook until bottoms are golden brown, about 3 minutes. Flip and cook until golden brown, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate. Add remaining oil to skillet and repeat with remaining patties.
- Divide lettuce among serving plates. Top with patties and salsa, dividing evenly.
- Serving Size 2 shrimp cakes, 1/4 cup salsa, 1/4 lb lettuce
- Calories 248
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 129 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 377 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g