COST PER PLATE: $3.80
TOTAL COST: $15.19
1. Cook rice according to package directions.
2. Prepare chile-ginger paste: To a small food processor, add all paste ingredients. Process until garlic and chiles are finely chopped, scraping down sides as needed. Set aside.
3. In a Dutch oven on medium-high, heat oil. Add carrots, zucchini, onions and bell peppers. Sprinkle with ¼ tsp salt and cook, stirring, until softened, 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Add chile-ginger paste and cook, stirring, for about 2 minutes, reducing heat if it starts to stick. Push vegetables to side of pan; add tomato paste to other side. Stir for 1 minute then stir into vegetables. Add ¾ cup water, stirring up browned bits from bottom of pan with a wooden spoon. Add coconut milk and remaining ¼ tsp salt and bring just to a boil. Reduce to medium, add shrimp and simmer until shrimp are pink and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro; serve with rice.
- Serving Size 1/4 of curry and rice
- Calories 347
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 159 mg
- Fat Content 12 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content 10 g
- Sodium Content 395 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g