- Preheat oven to 200˚F and line a large baking sheet with foil. In a large bowl, whisk together cornmeal, flour, potato starch, baking powder and salt. In a medium bowl, whisk egg, egg white and milk. Pour wet ingredients over dry ingredients and stir until just moistened. Gently stir in corn. (NOTE: Do not over-mix.)
- Mist a large nonstick pan or griddle with cooking spray and heat on medium. Scoop about 3 tbsp batter per cake, spreading slightly to make approximately 2 1/2-inch rounds. Cook until bubbles appear on surface of batter and bottoms are light golden brown, 1 to 1 1/2 minutes. Flip and cook until opposite sides are golden, about 1 minute more. Transfer to prepared baking sheet, cover with foil and transfer to oven to keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter, making a total of 12 cakes and adding each batch to oven to keep warm.
- Prepare crema: In a small bowl, combine sour cream, lime zest and lime juice; set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add shrimp and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, turning once or twice, until centers are opaque. Transfer to a medium bowl. Keep skillet on medium-high, add tomatoes and cook for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes just begin to soften and collapse. Add scallions and garlic and cook for 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add wine and simmer, stirring occasionally, until tomatoes are very soft and liquid is reduced by about half, 3 to 5 minutes. Turn off heat and stir in shrimp.
- Remove cakes from oven and divide among serving plates. Top evenly with shrimp mixture, crema and parsley.
- Serving Size 3 corn cakes, 3/4 c shrimp, 1 T crema
- Calories 449
- Carbohydrate Content 57 g
- Cholesterol Content 233 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 34 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 368 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g