Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- Prepare noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, bring a small pot or kettle to a boil. In a medium bowl, whisk 3/4 cup boiling water, tamarind paste, fish sauce, Sucanat and pepper flakes. Set aside.
- In a large wok or skillet, heat oil on high. Add shallots and garlic and sauté, stir-ring often, for 30 seconds. Add shrimp and sauté until cooked through, about 2 minutes. Add noodles and toss to combine.
- Working 3 to 4 tbsp at a time, gradually add tamarind paste mixture to wok, tossing to coat. Cook until noodles are tender and well coated, about 3 minutes. Stir in green onions and bean sprouts and cook, tossing gently, for 30 seconds. To serve, garnish with cilantro and peanuts. If desired, serve with lime.
- Serving Size 1/4 of Shrimp Pad Thai
- Calories 378
- Carbohydrate Content 56 g
- Cholesterol Content 86 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 540 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g