Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Related: Cooking with Monk Fruit Sweetener
- Prepare sauce: To a small saucepan, add bell pepper, vinegar, ginger, fish sauce, sesame oil, garlic, pepper flakes, monk fruit and 1 cup water. Bring to a simmer on low for 10 minutes. Remove from heat. Using an immersion blender, blend sauce until smooth. In a separate bowl, whisk together lime juice and arrowroot. Whisk the arrowroot- lime mixture into sauce and bring to a simmer for 1 minute. Set aside to cool.
- Assemble rolls: Fill a shallow bowl with warm water. Soak 1 rice paper wrapper in water until softened and pliable, about 30 seconds. Spread wrappers on a clean tea towel. Along the bottom third of the wrapper, place about 4 shrimp halves. Top with cilantro and mint leaves. Top with 1 lettuce leaf and a few pieces each of carrot and cucumber. Fold sides over and tightly roll up. Place on tray, seam side down; cover with damp towel. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 12 rolls. Cut each roll diagonally in half. Serve with dipping sauce.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 318
- Carbohydrate Content 40 g
- Cholesterol Content 214 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 32 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 575 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 1 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g