Find more quick and easy meals here!
- Arrange oven rack 6 inches from top heat source. Preheat broiler to high. Tear 2 slices bread into rough crumbs. On a heavy foil-lined baking sheet or broiler pan, spread torn bread and remaining 4 whole slices bread. Transfer to top oven rack and broil until toasted.
- Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet, heat oil on medium. Add pepper and sauté, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes. Add onions and sauté for 2 minutes. Add shrimp, garlic and basil and sauté, stirring often, for 5 minutes, until shrimp are opaque throughout. Drain mixture through a fine mesh colander.
- Top whole bread slices with shrimp mixture, bread crumbs and cheese, dividing evenly. Broil until cheese begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 slices bread, 4 oz shrimp mixture, 1 oz mozzarella
- Calories 296
- Carbohydrate Content 23 g
- Cholesterol Content 147 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 30 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 469 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 3 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1.5 g