We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Prep Time
- 8 oz whole-grain spaghetti (TRY: Jovial 100% Organic Einkorn Whole Wheat Spaghetti)
- 10 oz shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 large cloves garlic, sliced
- 1 tsp dried parsley (TRY: Simply Organic Parsley)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes (TRY: Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper Flakes)
- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp organic unsalted butter
- 4 cups finely sliced stemmed kale
- 1 red finger chile pepper (or other hot red chile such as cherry bomb, cayenne, or Thai). thinly sliced
1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add pasta and cook al dente according to package directions. Drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss shrimp with pepper and salt to coat; set aside. In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add garlic, parsley and pepper flakes and cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, 30 to 45 seconds. Add shrimp and sauté, stirring frequently, until shrimp are pink and opaque throughout, 3 to 4 minutes. Stir in lemon zest. Transfer to a plate and cover to keep warm.
3. In same skillet, heat butter on medium-high. Add kale and sauté until wilted, about 1 minute. Add pasta, shrimp mixture and chile pepper and toss to combine.
- Serving Size: 2 cups
- Calories: 384
- Carbohydrate Content: 51 g
- Cholesterol Content: 115 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 209 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2 g