Shrimp Taco Bowl
This loaded Tex-Mex style bowl gets serious mileage out of your Sunday prep using the quinoa, Cashew Cream, grilled veg and even the cooked shrimp. All you have to do on the day of is assemble with some additional spices and fresh vegetables.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
2 cups Cooked Quinoa or Cauliflower Rice
1 tbsp fresh lime juice
1 tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
⅛ tsp each sea salt and ground black pepper
¼ cup Cashew Cream
hot sauce, to taste
2 cups shredded romaine lettuce
4 cups chopped Mixed Grilled Vegetables (such as bell pepper, zucchini and corn)
1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
1 avocado, peeld, pitted and sliced
1 recipe Lemon Shrimp
¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
1. In a medium bowl, combine quinoa, lime juice, cilantro, salt and pepper. In a separate small bowl, combine cashew cream with hot sauce until sauce reaches desired level of spiciness (thin with water if needed).
2. Divide quinoa mixture and lettuce among bowls or containers. Divide grilled vegetables, tomatoes and avocado among bowls. Top with shrimp. Drizzle with oil and spicy cashew cream.
- Serving Size 1/4 of recipe
- Calories 623
- Carbohydrate Content 47 g
- Cholesterol Content 135 mg
- Fat Content 39 g
- Fiber Content 8 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 496 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 27 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 5.5 g