Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a medium skillet on medium, heat oil. Add onion and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently, until softened. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute more. Transfer to a 5- to 6-qt slow cooker along with zucchini, tomatoes, broth and rice. Stir in bay leaf, oregano, salt, pepper, paprika, saffron (if using) and turmeric. Cover and cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours, until rice is tender.
- Remove bay leaf. Gently stir in shrimp and peas. Cover and continue to cook on high for 20 to 30 minutes, until shrimp are opaque throughout.
- Serving Size 1 1/2 cups
- Calories 346
- Carbohydrate Content 56 g
- Cholesterol Content 115 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 380 mg
- Sugar Content 5 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g