Chef Jo shares all you need to know about this flaky white fish, plus a recipe for tender cod cooked in parchment.
Video: How to Fillet a Fish
Fillet and debone your own fish! Chef Jo takes you from whole fish to two perfect fillets and the makings of a killer fish stock.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 2 6-oz boneless, skinless Alaskan Pacific cod fillets
- Pinch each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, or to taste (TRY: Simply Organic Ground Black Pepper)
- 1 leek, white and light green parts only, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, trimmed, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 2 stalks celery, trimmed and thinly sliced
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- 2 tbsp fresh sprigs of dill
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Arrange a large piece of parchment paper on a flat work surface.
- Add 1 fillet to the center of 1 half of parchment and season with salt and black pepper. Top with half each of leek, carrot, bell pepper, celery, lemon juice and dill.
- Fold parchment over top of fillet to make a bundle and fold in edges to seal.
- Repeat with a separate large piece of parchment paper and remaining fillet.
- Transfer wrapped fillets to a large baking sheet and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until opaque throughout.
- Serving Size: 6-oz piece of cod in parchment with vegetables
- Calories: 201
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 55 mg
- Fat Content: 1 g
- Fiber Content: 4.5 g
- Protein Content: 29 g
- Sodium Content: 262 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g