Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Chef Jo shares all you need to know about this flaky white fish, plus a recipe for tender cod cooked in parchment.
Video: How to Fillet a Fish
Fillet and debone your own fish! Chef Jo takes you from whole fish to two perfect fillets and the makings of a killer fish stock.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Preheat oven to 400ºF.
- Arrange a large piece of parchment paper on a flat work surface.
- Add 1 fillet to the center of 1 half of parchment and season with salt and black pepper. Top with half each of leek, carrot, bell pepper, celery, lemon juice and dill.
- Fold parchment over top of fillet to make a bundle and fold in edges to seal.
- Repeat with a separate large piece of parchment paper and remaining fillet.
- Transfer wrapped fillets to a large baking sheet and bake for 15 to 18 minutes, until opaque throughout.
- Serving Size 6-oz piece of cod in parchment with vegetables
- Calories 201
- Carbohydrate Content 18 g
- Cholesterol Content 55 mg
- Fat Content 1 g
- Fiber Content 4.5 g
- Protein Content 29 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 262 mg
- Sugar Content 8 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g