Maple Grapefruit Brûlée
This simple maple brûléed grapefruit makes a simple healthy breakfast.
Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
1 pink or ruby red grapefruit, halved
2 tsp maple sugar
½ cup reduced-fat (1% or 2% plain Greek yogurt
1 tbsp pure maple syrup
1 tbsp ground flaxseeds
¼ tsp pure vanilla extract
1. Arrange an oven rack 8 inches from top heat source and preheat a broiler on high. On a baking sheet, add grapefruit flesh side up. Sprinkle tops with maple sugar, dividing evenly. Broil until maple sugar begins to brown, about 5 minutes. (Note: Watch carefully, as cook times vary depending on broiler heat.) Let cool slightly.
2. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, mix yogurt, maple syrup, flaxseeds and vanilla. Spoon over warm grapefruit.
- Serving Size 1/2 Grapefruit and 1/4 cup yogurt mixture
- Calories 154
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 3 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 20 mg
- Sugar Content 22 g