Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Use this vinaigrette alone or as a base for other herbs and spices to make a different version every day. Be sure to shake your dressing well before each use (about 1 tbsp is all you need).
- Add your favorite chopped fresh herbs, spices and fruits: ginger and thyme, garlic and oregano, chili powder and cumin, or puréed fruit such as mango with cilantro and jalapeño. The combinations are endless.
- Mix 2 tbsp Simple Vinaigrette with ¼ cup low-fat plain yogurt and 1 tsp of chopped fresh herbs (dill or flat-leaf parsley) for a fresh and creamy yet low-fat dressing.
- Both avocados and almonds are so satisfying and good for you. To mix it up, try substituting avocado oil for the roasted almond oil in this recipe.
Tip: Olive oil becomes solid when chilled. Bring to room temperature prior to using.
1. Pour all liquid ingredients into an airtight sealable container. Tightly seal and shake well to combine.
2. Taste dressing and adjust seasoning, if necessary. Reseal and refrigerate until needed.
- Serving Size 1 tbsp
- Calories 82
- Carbohydrate Content 2.7 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 8 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 0 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 37.5 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 6 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g