FULL PRICE: $8.06
COST PER SERVING: $2.02
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 lb green beans, rinsed and ends trimmed
- 4 redskin potatoes, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp 100% anchovy paste
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb romaine lettuce, rinsed, patted dry, ends trimmed, ribs removed
- 10 oz tuna, canned or pouched in water
- Hard-boil eggs: Place eggs in a medium pot and cover with cold water. Set on stove over high heat. As son as water begins to boil, reduce heat to medium-low, cover pot and cook for 10 minutes. Promptly remove from stove and run cold tap water into t he pot, tilting t he pot to pour out the hot water as you gradually replace it with cold water. Let eggs sit in cold water while you prepare the rest of the salad.
- Fill another medium pot one-third full with water and set to boil over high heat. When water comes to a boil, add beans and potatoes. Reduce heat to medium and simmer for 5 minutes or until the tip of a knife easily pierces potatoes. Drain and set aside to cool.
- Prepare dressing: In a small bowl, combine vinegar, 1 tbsp water, Dijon, anchovy paste and garlic. Whisk together until smooth, then gradually whisk in oil.
- Chop beans into 1-inch lengths. Peel eggs and cut into quarters. Coarsely chop romaine.
- Combine beans, potatoes, eggs, romaine and tuna in a large mixing bowl, then toss with Salad Niçoise with dressing.
- Serving Size: 2 1/2 oz tuna, 1 egg, 10 oz vegetables, 1 T dressing
- Calories: 340
- Carbohydrate Content: 48 g
- Cholesterol Content: 229 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 377 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content: 2.5 g