Nutritional Bonus: Our Sirloin Beef Wraps contain 98% of your daily requirement for vitamin A, also known as the "beauty vitamin" because it helps keep skin smooth and soft. It is also essential for healthy bones and teeth and acute night vision.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 12 oz boneless sirloin steak, trimmed of visible fat
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp safflower oil
- 4 whole-wheat tortillas (each 7 1/2 inches in diameter)
- 3 cups shredded romaine lettuce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced carrots (about 1 medium carrot, peeled)
- 2 oz thinly sliced red onion (about 1 medium red onion)
- 1/2 medium cucumber, thinly sliced (peeled)
- 1/4 to 1/2 packed cup chopped cilantro leaves
- 3 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 tsp raw honey
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 to 3/4 tsp red pepper flakes (TRY: Simply Organic Crushed Red Pepper Flakes)
- Place steak on a dinner plate, spoon 1 tbsp vinegar over top and turn several times to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high. Tilt skillet to coat bottom lightly. Cook steak for 4 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Place on a cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Top each tortilla with equal amounts of lettuce, carrots, onion and cucumber. Divide steak among tortillas and sprinkle with cilantro. Spoon sauce over top, dividing evenly. Wrap to serve as a sandwich or serve open-faced.
- Serving Size: 1 tortilla, 3 oz steak, 1 T sauce, 1 c vegetables
- Calories: 309
- Carbohydrate Content: 36 g
- Cholesterol Content: 60 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 500 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g