Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Speedy, easy and nutrient-dense – recipes don’t get much better than this. Our juicy Easiest, Quickest Sirloin Beef Wraps feature American steak cooked to perfection and sliced into bite-sized slivers. Wrapped in fluffy whole-wheat tortillas and dripping in a homemade sauce, you won’t believe this dinner came together in only 30 minutes or less.
These wraps contain 98% of your daily requirement for vitamin A. Also known as the “beauty vitamin,” it helps keep skin smooth and soft. Some research points to vitamin A’s ability to protect the skin from sun damage and slow down the breakdown of collagen. Vitamin A is also essential for healthy bones and teeth. Famously, this vitamin is also crucial for eye health, including maintaining acute night vision.
We top these sirloin beef wraps with a crunchy veg medley (carrots, cucumber and red onion). However, you can switch it up as you see fit! Try garnishing with pickled carrots and beets for a sweet-and-sour touch. Or fill with juicy oven-roasted tomatoes for umami in every bite.
We independently source all of the products that we feature on cleaneatingmag.com. If you buy from the links on our site, we may receive an affiliate commission, which in turn supports our work.
- Place steak on a dinner plate, spoon 1 tbsp vinegar over top and turn several times to coat. Let stand 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together all sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high. Tilt skillet to coat bottom lightly. Cook steak for 4 minutes per side or to desired doneness. Place on a cutting board and let stand for 5 minutes before thinly slicing.
- Warm tortillas according to package directions. Top each tortilla with equal amounts of lettuce, carrots, onion and cucumber. Divide steak among tortillas and sprinkle with cilantro. Spoon sauce over top, dividing evenly. Wrap to serve as a sandwich or serve open-faced.
- Serving Size 1 tortilla, 3 oz steak, 1 T sauce, 1 c vegetables
- Calories 309
- Carbohydrate Content 36 g
- Cholesterol Content 60 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 4 g
- Protein Content 23 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 500 mg
- Sugar Content 10 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g