Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a small bowl, combine chile powder, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper and 1/4 tsp salt. Sprinkle evenly over both sides of steak and press lightly to adhere. Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a large nonstick skillet on medium-high, tilting skillet to coat bottom lightly. Add zucchini, squash and onion and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until just tender-crisp, stirring frequently. Sprinkle mixture with remaining 1/4 tsp salt and place in a medium bowl; cover to keep warm.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in same skillet on medium-high, tilting skillet to coat bottom lightly. Cook steak for 4 minutes per side or to desired doneness.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce: In a small bowl, combine all sauce ingredients, except 2 tsp oil.
- Remove skillet from heat and place steak on a cutting board. Return skillet to medium-high heat. Add sauce mixture to pan residue. Bring to a boil and cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until reduced to 1/4 cup liquid, stirring frequently. Remove from heat, stir in 2 tsp oil and serve over steak, with squash-onion stir-fry alongside.
- Serving Size 3 oz steak, 1/2 c stir-fry, 1 T sauce
- Calories 235
- Carbohydrate Content 7 g
- Cholesterol Content 55 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 346 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g