Video: Dijon Sirloin Roast
Impress guests with Chef Jo's juicy roasted, topped with an herb-laced Dijon rub!
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 3 lb sirloin roast beef, trimmed of visible fat
- 3 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper, plus additional to taste
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
- Juice 1/2 lemon
- Preheat oven to 325˚F.
- With paper towel, pat beef dry. Rub 1 tbsp oil over both sides of beef and season with salt and pepper.
- Prepare Mustard Rub: In a small bowl, combine garlic, Dijon, parsley, rosemary and sage. Stir to combine and add lemon juice, 1 tbsp oil and pepper, to taste.
- In a cast iron skillet, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil on medium-high. Add beef and sear on all sides until browned, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from heat, place on a cutting board and brush Mustard Rub over top and sides of roast. Return to skillet and transfer to oven for about 20 minutes per lb (1 hour total for a 3 lb roast). (Alternatively, cook until an instant-read thermometer registers 145 F for medium-rare, 160 F for medium or 170 F for well done when inserted into center of beef). Remove from oven, cover loosely with foil and let rest for about 10 minutes. Remove strings and serve.
- Serving Size: 2 2-oz slices Sirloin Roast with Mustard Rub
- Calories: 186
- Carbohydrate Content: 2 g
- Cholesterol Content: 48 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 25 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 224 mg