Nutritional Bonus: With 27 grams of protein per serving, this delicious steak keeps you feeling satisfied and contributes to a revved-up metabolism, which helps to ward off excess weight gain. A side of zucchini ensures you get a dose of carotenoids, antioxidants that help protect your eyes from cataracts and macular degeneration.
- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1 lb boneless sirloin steak, trimmed of fat
- 1 tbsp plus 1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce, divided
- 2 zucchini, trimmed and halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 1/2 tbsp grated fresh horseradish
- 1 tbsp safflower oil, plus additional as needed
- 1/2 tsp fresh ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp plus 1/8 tsp sea salt, divided
- To a large resealable bag, add steak and 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce. Seal bag and refrigerate for 30 minutes to 24 hours, turning occasionally.
- Heat an outdoor grill or grill pan to medium-high and lightly brush grate or pan with oil. Remove steak from bag and season with pepper and 1/4 tsp salt; discard marinade. Brush both sides of zucchini with 1 tbsp safflower oil and sprinkle with 1/4 tsp salt. Transfer steak and zucchini to grill and cook for 4 minutes per side, or to desired doneness of steak. Transfer steak to a cutting board. Continue cooking zucchini for 4 minutes more, turning occasionally, until just tender.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, combine sour cream, horseradish, remaining 1/2 tsp Worcestershire and remaining 1/8 tsp salt. Thinly slice steak and serve with zucchini and sour cream mixture.
- Serving Size: 3 oz steak, 1/2 zucchini, 2 tbsp sour cream mixture
- Calories: 205
- Carbohydrate Content: 6 g
- Cholesterol Content: 65 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 388 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g