Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Nutritional Bonus: A serving of this holiday roast supplies 43% of your daily niacin requirement, helping to improve your body’s circulatory system and keeping cholesterol in check. Plus, it offers 72% DV of zinc, which helps stabilize your metabolic rate and ensures your sense of taste functions properly.
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. In the bowl of a food processor, pulse walnuts until finely ground, but not powdery. Add panko, thyme, rosemary, marjoram, salt and 1 tsp pepper. Pulse to combine and transfer mixture to a small bowl.
- Line a rimmed baking sheet with a large enough piece of foil to eventually wrap the roast. Place roast on sheet and mist lightly with cooking spray. Pat walnut mixture over entire roast, pressing mixture into roast to adhere. Transfer to oven and bake for 25 minutes. Remove from oven, reduce temperature to 325 F and wrap foil around roast, sealing tightly. Return to oven and bake for 1 hour to 1 hour and 15 minutes, until a meat thermometer inserted in center of roast registers 145 F for medium-rare, 160 F for medium or 170 F for well done. Set roast aside for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Prepare sauce: In the bowl of a food processor or blender, add yogurt, buttermilk, cheese, white and light green parts of scallions, vinegar and 1/4 tsp pepper and blend until combined. Transfer mixture to a serving dish.Slice and serve roast with blue cheese sauce. Garnish sauce with green parts of scallions.
- Serving Size 3 1/2 oz roast beef and 1 1/2 tbsp sauce
- Calories 249
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 92 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 34 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3.5 g
- Sodium Content 366 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g