- Pat chicken dry with paper towel and season with salt and black pepper. In a large braiser or heavy skillet, heat oil on medium-high. Add chicken and sear for 2 minutes per side, until lightly browned. Transfer to a plate and keep warm.
- Reduce heat to medium, add onion and cook, stirring, until softened, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and pepper flakes and cook for 1 minute, stirring. Stir in fennel, mushrooms, tomatoes, oregano and thyme. Return chicken to braiser, spooning vegetables and sauce over top. Cover and simmer for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken’s juices run clear and no pink remains. Remove and discard thyme.
- Divide mixture among plates, dividing evenly. If using, top with olives, oregano and parsley.
- Serving Size 1 chicken breast and 1 1/4 cup vegetable sauce
- Calories 260
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 65 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 27 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1.5 g
- Sodium Content 380 mg
- Sugar Content 3 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 1 g