- Cook Time
- Prep Time
- 1/2 oz blue cheese, crumbled
- 1 1/2 tbsp organic, unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 tsp minced shallot
- 2 tbsp olive oil, divided
- 2 yellow-fleshed potatoes (such as Yukon Gold), thinly sliced
- 4 4-oz beef tenderloin steaks
- 1/4 tsp each sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 2 cups thinly sliced tri-color carrots
- Prepare blue cheese butter: In a small bowl, combine cheese, butter, parsley and shallot. Set aside.
- In a large skillet on medium-high, heat 1 tbsp oil. Working in batches if necessary, arrange potatoes in a single layer in skillet and cook until golden and tender, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a paper towel–lined plate and cover to keep warm.
- In same skillet on medium-high, heat remaining 1 tbsp oil. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Add to skillet and cook, turning once, until browned and cooked to desired doneness, 7 to 9 minutes for medium-rare or 9 to 11 minutes for medium. Transfer to serving plates; cover to keep warm.
- To skillet, still on medium-high, add carrots with 1/4 cup water and cook, stirring frequently, until just tender, about 2 minutes. To serve, divide potatoes evenly among plates with steaks; add carrots and top each steak with 1 tsp blue cheese butter.
- Serving Size: 1 beef tenderloin steak and 1/4 of potatoes and carrots
- Calories: 369
- Carbohydrate Content: 19 g
- Cholesterol Content: 88 mg
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 28 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 7 g
- Sodium Content: 272 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g