Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
- In a small bowl, combine garam masala, curry powder, paprika and cayenne. Heat a small dry skillet for 1 minute over medium heat. Add spice mixture and cook, stirring for 1 minute or until spices become fragrant. Immediately transfer spices to a medium mixing bowl and let cool.
- Add garlic, ginger, lemon juice, honey and yogurt to bowl with spices and whisk together until well combined.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry with paper towels. Using a sharp knife, make 3 diagonal slits 1/4-inch deep into top of each chicken breast. Add chicken to bowl with spice-yogurt mixture and toss until chicken is thoroughly coated. Cover bowl with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator to marinate for a minimum of 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
- Meanwhile, prepare rice according to package directions, set aside. Make the Herbed Yogurt Sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together all ingredients and refrigerate for at least 15 minutes before serving.
- Preheat oven to 425˚F. Remove chicken from marinade and place breasts on a rack inside a roasting pan. Sprinkle chicken evenly with salt. Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, flipping chicken once halfway through baking time, or until internal temperature of thickest breast is 165˚F. Serve warm with rice and Herbed Yogurt Sauce.
- Serving Size 5 oz chicken, 3/4 cup brown rice, 2 tbsp sauce
- Calories 343
- Carbohydrate Content 41 g
- Cholesterol Content 83 mg
- Fat Content 3.5 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 39 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 369 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0.5 g