Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Rub outside of peppers with one- third of oil and place cut side up in a baking dish. Bake until just softened, about 20 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat a large skillet on medium-high. Add beef and brown, breaking up with a wooden spoon, until just cooked through, 8 minutes. Drain; transfer to a bowl.
3. In same skillet on medium, heat remaining two-thirds of oil. Add onion and garlic and sauté until onion is tender and translucent, 5 to 6 minutes.
4. Return beef to skillet and add remaining ingredients (except basil). Stir to combine and simmer on medium-low for 15 minutes. Fill peppers with beef mixture. Garnish with basil (if using).
- Serving Size 1/6 of recipe
- Calories 411
- Carbohydrate Content 19 g
- Cholesterol Content 89 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 31 g
- Saturated Fat Content 7 g
- Sodium Content 757 mg
- Sugar Content 12 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 12 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g