Find more slow-cooker recipes here!
- In a Dutch oven or large deep skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Sprinkle ribs with salt and pepper and dust all sides with flour. Working in batches, sear ribs on all sides until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Transfer ribs to a 5-qt slow cooker. Reduce heat on pan to medium and add shallots and cook, stirring frequently, until shallots have softened and are just starting to turn golden, about 4 minutes. Add onions, ginger and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add sherry, stirring with a wooden spoon and scraping up browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Add broth, orange juice and soy sauce. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to a boil; boil for 1 minute. Pour sauce over ribs, cover and cook on low for 6 to 7 hours or until meat pulls away easily from bones.
- Transfer ribs to a bowl and keep warm. Skim any fat from the sauce using a spoon. In a small pot, bring sauce to a boil on high, reduce heat and simmer until sauce is thickened and reduced by half, about 5 minutes. To serve, place 1 rib on each of 8 plates and drizzle with ¼ cup of sauce.
- Serving Size 1 rib and 1/4 cup of sauce
- Calories 326
- Carbohydrate Content 5 g
- Cholesterol Content 58 mg
- Fat Content 27 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content 11 g
- Sodium Content 459 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 2 g