Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+.
Serve with Spiced Roasted Cauliflower.
Image and recipe from Cuisine at Home.
- Prepare marinade: In a large bowl, combine all marinade ingredients. Pierce chicken in several places, then transfer to bowl with marinade and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Preheat broiler and arrange oven rack 6 to 8 inches from the element. Transfer chicken to a broiler pan and discard marinade. Broil chicken 8 minutes on flesh side. Remove chicken from broiler and place in a 4- to 6-quart slow cooker.
- Prepare sauce: In a large skillet on medium-high, heat oil. Add onion and cook until just beginning to brown, 5 minutes. Add 2 tsp garam masala, 1½ tsp each garlic and ginger and serrano; cook until fragrant, 1 minute. Stir in tomato paste; cook 1 minute. Add tomatoes, scraping up any browned bits from bottom of pan. Transfer mixture to slow cooker; stir to coat.
- Cover slow cooker and cook on low until chicken is tender, about 3 hours. Transfer chicken to a serving platter; set aside. Whisk cream into sauce; season with salt and black pepper. Pour sauce over chicken and garnish with chopped cilantro.
- Serving Size 2 thighs with sauce
- Calories 574
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 331 mg
- Fat Content 29 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 61 g
- Saturated Fat Content 9 g
- Sodium Content 425 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g
- Monounsaturated Fat Content 0 g
- Polyunsaturated Fat Content 0 g